Santa Fe Nation Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My engine blew

2 posters

Go down

My engine blew Empty My engine blew

Post by doeboy Sun Feb 02, 2014 4:40 pm

Well yesterday I was driving home from work and I heard a ticking sound coming from the engine for about 5 seconds and then I heard a loud clank and then it sounded like parts breaking apart and falling off of my car. I only had 4,800 miles on the engine.

My background with Hyundai is that I have already blew 2 engines in my 2012 Hyundai Sonata 2.0T. One was last June when it had 28k miles on it. The engine locked up and blew a hole in the top of the block. I had it replaced and then 4 months later it blew again from a cylinder #2 problem. After that the dealer didn't hook up the vacuum line which resulted in my turbo to stop working and my car had to go back in the shop. When it was ready I came in and it went into limp mode and wouldn't come out. So I got a loaner car. Then when I was ready again for pickup they found out it was now leaking coolant. Another problem.

This lead to me buying the SFS 2.4L instead of the 2.0T version. Now I am really passed off because this is the 3rd engine in the last 8 months that has blown up on me from Hyundai. I don't know what I can do, but I don't want to be in a Hyundai anymore! /end rant
doeboy
doeboy

Thanks! : 1

Back to top Go down

My engine blew Empty Re: My engine blew

Post by doeboy Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:44 pm

Well I am finally back up with my new engine. Apparently the timing chain broke off and really did a number on my engine. they said it looked like it had an entry wound and an exit one. My name is now reconizable at the service desk there and they are very nice to me now lol. I received a few incentives from Hyundai USA for my troubles, but I still am weary of the reliablity of the Thetta engines. I have had some really bad luck with them.
doeboy
doeboy

Thanks! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by sawood711 Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:49 pm

Well hopefully this one works out for you. You seem like you have some bad luck when it comes to Hyundai. If I were you I wouldn't stick with them anymore :-)

sawood711

Thanks! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down